Salary package and save with these benefits
To find out which of the following benefits are available to you, speak with a Selectus consultant or your employer.
Save thousands by salary packaging a car, paying a significant portion of your finance and running costs using pre-tax dollars.
- Convenient car-buying service – we do the legwork for you
- Save on fuel, insurance, servicing, insurance and registration
Look after your future and maximise your retirement savings by salary packaging superannuation contributions.
- Pay significantly less tax on pre-tax contributions
- 2017/18 FY concessional contribution limit: $25,000
Portable electronic devices
Salary package the cost of renting or purchasing personal electronic devices you use mostly for work and save!
- Includes laptops, tablets and mobile phones
- Your GST is refunded so you automatically save an extra 10%
Remote area benefit
Access FBT exemptions through salary packaging if you work in an area classified by the ATO as remote. Eligible expenses include:
- Rent or mortgage
- Household utilities
- Holiday travel
Income protection insurance
Protect your future for less by salary packaging income protection insurance.
- Save up to 46.5% on your premium
- Applies to new or exisiting policies
Professional memberships and subscriptions
Get the benefit of income tax deductions faster by salary packaging professional memberships and subscriptions.
- Reduce the cost of membership to industry organisations
- Stay ahead with subscriptions to industry news services and magazines
Work-related self-education expenses
Make work-related self-education more affordable, allowing you to get the qualifications you need to get ahead.
- Maintain or improve skills and knowledge required for your job
- Eligible expenses include course fees, text books and stationery
If you work for an eligible employer, you may be able to salary package the cost of expenses incurred while travelling for work, including:
- Meal and accommodation expenses
- Public transport, air travel, taxi fares, and short-term car hire
Work-related home office expenses
Save on the set-up of your home office, salary packaging items that relate entirely to your work.
- Eligible items include furniture, stationery and software
- A computer - either purchased or rented (if over $300 in value)
Interest on investment loans
Easily vary your PAYG tax instalment deductions by packaging deductible expenses such as investment loan interest payments.
- Salary package the interest on a new or existing investment loan/s
- Must relate to Australian investments, for example shares or property